By the Apostolic letter, Etsi Quotidie, of 30th April 1956, the Holy See erected the Vicariate Apostolic of Dedza. It was in 1959 that Dedza became a Diocese. The Diocese of Dedza comprises the two districts of the Central Region of Malawi, thus, Dedza and Ntcheu. It also covers a small part of Salima District. Before, the District of Dedza was part of the Likuni Vicariate while the District of Ntcheu belonged to the Zomba Vicariate.
Very Rev. John Chithonje, Diocesan Administrator.
Area Square Kilometres: 4, 250
Full Time Catechists: 41
Volunteer Catechists: 23
PATRON: St. Martin de Porres.