Diocese of Chikwawa
RIGHT REVEREND PETER MUSIKUWA
Pope Paul VI erected the Diocese of Chikwawa as a Suffragan See of the Archdiocese of Blantyre on 22nd March 1965, having previously formed part of the same Archdiocese. The diocese is situated in the Southern part of Malawi acomprises Nsanje district, Chikwawa district and parts of Blantyre and Thyolo districts.
The Rt. Rev. Peter Martin Musikuwa (DP) was born on 4th April 1952 at Matumbo village in Traditional Authority Chimaliro, in Thyolo District. He was ordained priest on 12th July 1981. He was appointed Bishop of the Diocese of Chikhwawa on 16th April 2003 and consecrated on 28th June 2003.
PATRON SAINT: Our Lady the Cause of Our Joy (Causa Nostrae Letitiae)
Area Sq. Kilometres : 7,676
Population : 1,500.000